Tuesday, May 1, 2012

5/1/12 Campaign trail Update #4

Tonight I spent 30 minutes having the campaign seasons first “flash sign wave” at 17th Avenue SW and County Road D in New Brighton; testing the reactions of motorists toward our campaign in the heart of the new HD41-B.

I noticed 40% of the motorists refused seeing me. Being 6’-2” 245 pounds, holding a large yard sign standing on the sidewalk and folks could not see me? I question the validity of the Minnesota DMV license standards; just kidding on the licenses comment.

Of the remaining 60%, 30% waved and smiled while passing and 30% responded like “Wow, cool there is Tim”. One vehicle filled with 6 high school girls passed by having everyone waving with big smiles. Perhaps 5 people honked their vehicle horns and 10 or so gave me a thumb up while passing by. Several folks appeared very excited when looking then realizing I was actually Tim.

No comments:

Post a Comment