Wednesday, April 4, 2012

4/4/12 Canvas Report #6

Today we canvassed a section of New Brighton, reaching 315 homes, having direct conversations with 20-25 people, received a commitment to a spring House Party, and developed lung capacity walking up and down the neighborhoods.

A candidate committed to public service will walk the streets, keep his oath to the constitution and educate the constituents on our Republic form of government.

One experience I can share is placement of literature on a door of a corner property, walking around the home toward the garage door and front driveway only to locate a huge brown dog just relaxing in the driveway. Of course I started backing up only to have the dog jump to his feet heading toward me.

I was shocked when the dog stopped barking within 2 feet of me, and then proceeded seeking a pat on the head. I walked away after petting the dog several times. I finished walking around the corner as the dog wagged his tail, and wanted petting again. I then petted the dog only to have him lie down, roll over on the back and plead for more petting on the belly. I gave a couple more pats on the belly and off to the next property.

Not all encounters are with people and here I have given an example of being cautious around properties.




Donate today at: www.timutzforhouse.com

No comments:

Post a Comment