Sunday, April 1, 2012

3/31/12 Minnesota Republican's HD41-B

endorsing a paper candidate 

I attended the SD41 Republican convention in New Brighton Saturday. I enjoyed the experience, renewed some old friendships, mended a couple other strained relationships, and in general made plenty of political hay Saturday.

One strange period was during the HD41-B candidate endorsing time. A delegate offered Laura Palmer, a Columbia Heights resident and current first term school board member, for Minnesota House endorsement. Laura accepted the nomination then proceeded to explain her hope another candidate would step forward as she really has no desire to run, sees no path for an Election Day victory for a Republican in the redistricted HD41-B; intends being a paper candidate.

As I watched the strange series of events unfold, I patiently waited for the delegates to postpone an endorsement until another qualified and motivated, conservative Constitutional, candidate stepped forward. Suddenly, I realized I am that perfect 41-B candidate Republicans are seeking, a motivated "can win on Election Day attitude"; problem is my party affiliation is not Republican. I watched while the HD41-B delegates voted 56/16 for endorsement on behalf of 4,500 other Republican's of the district.

I found myself feeling like "Donkey" in the movie Shrek when he jumped up and down around a group who fully knew he was available, proclaiming to the assembled group "pick me pick me" only to discover others were not listening, he failed to have a proper "R" on his ear tag.

For those who really want change, a non-paper candidate, and restore our Republic donate today; www.timutzforhouse.com



Tim Utz
MN HD41-B
Constitution Party Candidate

No comments:

Post a Comment