Tuesday, October 30, 2012

10/30/12 Campaign Trail Update #151

During the campaign season in September 2008 I attended a candidate forum where I met a DFL state party representative. He congratulated me, in a condescending tone, for “tossing my hat in the ring”, insinuating I had no chance of ever winning the district.  
 
With just days until Election Day 2012 our family received the third district wide blanket mailing in four weeks from the Minnesota HD41-B DFL incumbent. One side of the mailing has the usual DFL dogma information but the back side I found interesting; a collage of photos of family, veterans, Muslims, student groups and community events, a DFL copycat of our Tim Utz for Minnesota House campaign strategy and Facebook header.
 
The frenzied mailings, copycat literature, smacks of desperation by a candidate who knows the voters are done with politics as usual. The Tim Utz for Minnesota HD41-B campaign has worked countless thousands of hours reaching the voters, educating the citizens of Constitutional Representative Republic government, and sharing my personal commitment to public service.
 
Both DFL and GOP party apparatus are recognizing the lead our team has earned entering the final days of the election season, both parties no longer looking in the rear view mirror.

No comments:

Post a Comment