Friday, March 30, 2012

3/29/12 SACA Empty Bowls Update

What a great event tonight as Nadine and I joined the “free will” offering admission fee (Nadine and I gave $20.00) to the SACA fundraiser with Mona Anderson that provided a choice of 5 soups, salad, and Culver’s ice cream, with continuous entertainment, while the Columbia Heights Lion’s club provided refreshments for purchase.

We arrived about 5:00PM and stayed for an hour and half, while the event lasted from 4:30PM to 8:00PM. There were many enjoyable moments that we experienced.

  1. While we started eating the entertainment shifted to a gentleman soloist who sang some old Dean Martin songs. To my shock, Nadine grabbed my hand said “we are dancing” and off we went to the stage area leaving my great chili behind.

We slow danced to the live vocalist (who was very good) then returned to finish my Chili. Thinking I lived through that manly trauma, a couple songs later I was again off to the stage and we again slow danced, this time attracting plenty of smiles from other patrons and a local reporter’s photograph; we might be on the front page of the next issue.

  1. Another feature of the SACA fundraiser is the silent auction, an event Nadine enjoys. Tonight was no exception as she viewed all the auction items placing bids she discovered bidding more than anticipated and spent the next 15 minutes appreciating other patrons upping her bid. When we left, her bids were about $40.00. With no calls tonight we think others outbid those items; a good finish for my wallet, the winners and the SACA auction balance sheet.

  1. One conversation I had with a participant tonight was her asking if I was running again. When I said, “yes” she was pleased stating how she likes my platform and positions. She then asked if the new district includes St. Anthony. When I affirmed her question she lit up and said, “you have my vote in November”, then promised to spread the word.

  1. There was a “fishing prize pond” I used our tickets and caught a Twins Baseball Teddy Bear complete with a mini slinky.

Volunteer to help at our campaign office anytime and get a chance to see our new mascot.

There were many fun moments tonight. We just had a great time tonight. Nadine later commented SACA is her favorite fundraiser of the year.

Plan to attend next year, bring plenty of money (this is a fundraiser) and contact SACA for volunteer opportunities throughout the year.

Donate today to Tim Utz for House at:

No comments:

Post a Comment