Wednesday, May 25, 2011

5/25/11 Dayton, Leadership Requires Attendance


Today I pose a question to Governor Dayton. On Monday night May 23, 2011, apparently you were not at the Capitol in St. Paul, and apparently absent from your office during the final hours of the Legislative session.  Governor, you campaigned as “We the Peoples” governor yet I failed to see you on Monday night the most critical day of the legislative session.

Governor, I managed to take the time going to St. Paul on Monday night May 23, 2011; not as an employee of “We the People” like you, I even sat on a bench just a couple feet from your office chambers 11:00pm to 11:35pm and 12:07am to 12:20am.

Leadership requires participation and attendance; you exhibited neither on Monday evening. Even the press was stationed outside your Capitol office, as I was, waiting for your leadership to shine through.

When the people of Minnesota elect me as Governor in 2014, I will stay at work on the last day of session each year, be the last one out the door; first saying a personal goodnight to ALL the overnight Capitol personal before turning out the lights, and only then go home what ever time that may be in the morning.

Commitment to work or a cause is what leadership is about. Governor you need to be on the job and at work to resolve issues, something I learned in the private commercial construction market as a full charge construction superintendent.

No comments:

Post a Comment